Household Skip Hire FAQs
- How can I hire a skip from you?
- Have a look at the sizes of skip we provide and then you can send an enquiry via our Contact page or you can call us on 0333 366 0178.
- What skip sizes are available to hire?
We have a broad range of skips sizes available for hire including.
- 4 Yard Skips (1.5m wide 2.8m long, 1.0m high)
- 6 Yard Skips (1.7m wide, 3.8m long, 1.0m high)
- 8 Yard Skips (1.85m wide, 3.8m long, 1.25m high)
We also have larger skips if required.
- How much will it cost to hire a skip?
This is dependent on the size of skip you want to hire, the waste that will be going in the skip and
- How do I pay?
Payment is taken either at the time of the order. Our helpful and efficient sales staff will take your payment details over the telephone. We accept payment by all major credit cards.
- How long will it take to arrive?
Normally your skip will arrive within 48 hours, but this depends on your location and in some circumstances whether a permit is required.
- What time will my skip be delivered?
Skips are delivered between 07.00 and 17.00 Monday to Friday.
- Where can the skips be placed?
The skip will be placed in the best position to suit your needs. This could be on your driveway or on the public highway. Remember, you will need 9ft to allow the vehicles access. The site where the skip is to go will also need to be free from low hanging branches and power lines to prevent obstruction.
- Will I need a Permit?
Skips placed on the public highway will require a permit from the council. These vary in price depending on the individual council. Once you have booked your skip, a member of our team will apply for the permit on your behalf. Additionally, please note.
- Applications can take between 3-5 full working days to process and be granted.
- Local councils DO NOT allow skips to be placed on grass verges.
- No permit is required if the skip is to be placed upon your drive, lawn, or other private property.
- The maximum duration of a permit is 14 days.
- How long can I keep the skip?
All skips are on hire for 7 days unless otherwise arranged and will be collected on the seventh day. Skips can, however, be collected earlier if required, or if you do need the skip for longer, we can extend the hire period, this though may incur an additional fee. If you require a permit to allow your skip to be placed on public land, this can be arranged for a maximum of 14 days.
- What can I put in the skip?
Skips are for general waste (household/garage), garden waste and inert waste (soil, stone & gravel).
Things that are NOT permitted within the skip:
- Asbestos sheeting or fibres
- Paint, oils, chemicals, or any other liquids
- Fridges, freezers, and Monitors/TV Screens
- Fluorescent tubes
- Gas bottles
If you are unsure whether your waste is safe to place in the skip, please get in touch on 0333 3660178 and we will advise you.
- Will the skip damage my drive?
Skips can damage block paved and soft tarmac drives when placed on them. Heavy duty skips, which use stabilising equipment, could also cause damage to softer driveways.
While we will take every care possible to avoid damaging your drive, please note that once we vacate the highway, you automatically agree to indemnify us for any damage that occurs whilst on your property.
- What if I am not finished by pick-up day?
Please let us know prior to the day of collection if you need the skip for an extended time. Unfortunately, after 4pm of the day prior to collection, we will not be able to amend the collection day.
- What happens to the waste?
Once we have collected the waste it will go to a waste recycling facility, where as much waste as possible is recycled.
- Are Commercial Waste Connections licensed waste carriers?
Yes, we are fully licensed waste carriers. It is important for anyone looking to hire a skip that they choose a fully licensed waste carrier. Our license can be found on our website. Homeowners have a legal responsibility under Section 34 of The Environmental Protection Act 1990. Should your waste be disposed of illegally you could end up with a large fine.
- How much can be placed into the skip?
All skips should be filled no higher than the height of the sides, ensuring a level load. If you overfill your skip, you risk us not being able to remove it. Overloaded skips are unsafe to load onto the lorries and put the public at risk whilst in transit. Please ensure that you adhere to our policy for the safety of our drivers and other road users.
If you are unsure, please do not hesitate to get in touch on 0333 3660178.
- What areas do Commercial Waste Connections cover?
Due to our connections with over 50 different suppliers, we can offer our services from Land’s End to John O’Groats.
If you are unsure if we deliver to your area, please get in touch on 0333 3660178.